We strive to provide our students a flexible curriculum with a solid foundation in science that gives them a well-rounded understanding of agronomy concepts and hands-on field experience. A combination that makes them very appealing job candidates.
Employers want leaders and we want to provide them. Our Leadership requirement gives student a chance to practice the skills required by employers of our graduates.
Our goal for students:
- Articulate the mission and vision
- Share information with their team
- Set expectations
- Foster an environment of collaboration, openness and facilitate relationships with team members
- Delegate tasks based on individual strengths
- Be responsible and accountable
- Students can fulfill the requirement either by participating in a leadership role or by taking a course that has the subject of leadership as one of the primary course objectives.
Real life experience. Students find a job for six months or the equivalent where they can apply agronomic principles they have learned in the classroom.
- Seed companies
- Chemical companies
- Crop consulting firms
- Government agencies
- Research projects